Monday 17 February 2014

Messy Play

We decided we wanted some fun and, on a rainy day when staying indoors, what better way than squashing slimy pasta and squeezing squigy cornflour.

During his nap, I boiled spaghetti, drained it and let it cool.

Then I added cornflour, cold water and food colouring together and scooped the mixture into sandwich bags. (I secured these self fastening bags with tape so leakages were reduced!!!) the sandwich bags allow children to explore textures without creating a huge mess when you haven't time for the clean up operation messy play can sometimes create!

Covering the floor with a plastic sheet, I added the cooled pasta to a two part tray and left some out of the tray too. 

I placed the two squishy bags next to the tray.

Stripped to his vest, my little explorer then had lots of fun developing his fine motor skills and experiencing the textures of the pasta.

We also sang songs such as 'There's a Worm at the Bottom of my Garden'

Some pasta may have been eaten whilst Isaac was exploring, but, when you make the play specifically for your little one you can expect that and ensure their messy play is edible as well as fun!

We had lots of giggles exploring textures!


No comments:

Post a Comment